Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Few of Our Favourite Things

You can tell a lot about a person by checking out their favourite things. Here are a few of ours. Hopefully they can help you to get to know us and inspire you to create a list of your own. We would love to get to know you so post your own list in the comments section.

Karin's List
Picture
1. Anything made by Elva Fields! Emily scours local and far-flung markets, auctions, and shops for unusual vintage and antique pieces to use in all three of the Elva Fields jewellery lines. I am absolutely in love with this necklace from their upcoming collection. Boyfriend take note!
Picture
2. All things handmade: Poppytalk Handmade is a monthly online street market which showcases handmade goods of emerging design talent from around the world. These super sweet organic wool creations from Sweetpeatoadtots are featured in the crochet & knitting section. Gorgeous photography too!
Picture
3. Pattern & Fabric Design: I have an unadulterated passion for both cloth and pattern. In fact as I write this I am currently indulging in one of my favourite procrastinating activities. While I should be finishing off a big design job I often find myself scouring fabric sites for inspiration and... well just pure joy! Here are a few of my current book listed sites:
Duckcloth
Inklore
Galbraith and Paul
Picture
4. Chocolate (of course): I am very lucky to that my boyfriend (who happens to be my number 1 favourite thing) is a chef and that we are living in the land of chocolate! You might think that means Belgium but in fact chocolate originates from the New World. To find out more - and for some tasty recipes using chocolate check out the De La Tierra Mexican food blog. Of course this is a shameless plug for my boyfriends blog!
Picture
5. The beach: I am in bliss when I am near the ocean. Time spent away from it is consumed by dreaming up ways to get back there. I have been doing lots of daydreaming for an upcoming get away to the beaches south of our home in Oacaxa, Mexico. I will post some photos when I get back, but in the meantime here are two of the summer maxi dresses I have been imagining myself in while sipping out of a coconut! They are from the always gorgeous Modcloth who never fail to have me drooling.

Arani's List
Picture
1. Shopping for my son: So here is my first confession: when I found out that I was having a boy I was over the moon,but there was a little part of me disappointed. I had always imagined shopping for a girl! However with a little persistence and a lot of browsing I discovered that shopping for a boy can be just as fun. At the moment I am loving Minti a quirky label who have helped me to embrace and love shopping for my little boy.  
Picture
2. Cup's of tea: A lovely cup of tea represents time out, time with friends, great conversation and warmth. My friend Rachel once said that tea tastes better out of a beautiful tea cup and she is right! I am currently drinking Earl Grey out of a Samantha Robinson tea cup, perfect!  
Picture
3. Skype: My mum lives in Tasmania, my Dad lives in Sri Lanka, Karin lives in Mexico and one of my besties lives in New York. What would I do without Skype? 
Picture
4. Markets: I love spending the day at the markets, finding a treasure, discovering an emerging designer and being outside. My latest Market discovery was Marie Ramos Baby Imprints - I discovered Marie at Matilda's Markets and I was so excited to see her baby imprints range. So many of the baby imprints are really tacky but Marie does a beautiful job. I booked in for a session and was so happy with the process. Marie is really good with babies and the Pickle loved being in front of the camera. 
Picture
5. My Husband and Son: Last but certainly not least my Husband and Son, bless their little cotton socks. Life would not be as sweet without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment