1. Anything made by Elva Fields! Emily scours local and far-flung markets, auctions, and shops for unusual vintage and antique pieces to use in all three of the Elva Fields jewellery lines. I am absolutely in love with this necklace from their upcoming collection. Boyfriend take note!
2. All things handmade: Poppytalk Handmade is a monthly online street market which showcases handmade goods of emerging design talent from around the world. These super sweet organic wool creations from Sweetpeatoadtots are featured in the crochet & knitting section. Gorgeous photography too!
3. Pattern & Fabric Design: I have an unadulterated passion for both cloth and pattern. In fact as I write this I am currently indulging in one of my favourite procrastinating activities. While I should be finishing off a big design job I often find myself scouring fabric sites for inspiration and... well just pure joy! Here are a few of my current book listed sites:
Galbraith and Paul
Galbraith and Paul
4. Chocolate (of course): I am very lucky to that my boyfriend (who happens to be my number 1 favourite thing) is a chef and that we are living in the land of chocolate! You might think that means Belgium but in fact chocolate originates from the New World. To find out more - and for some tasty recipes using chocolate check out the De La Tierra Mexican food blog. Of course this is a shameless plug for my boyfriends blog!
5. The beach: I am in bliss when I am near the ocean. Time spent away from it is consumed by dreaming up ways to get back there. I have been doing lots of daydreaming for an upcoming get away to the beaches south of our home in Oacaxa, Mexico. I will post some photos when I get back, but in the meantime here are two of the summer maxi dresses I have been imagining myself in while sipping out of a coconut! They are from the always gorgeous Modcloth who never fail to have me drooling.
1. Shopping for my son: So here is my first confession: when I found out that I was having a boy I was over the moon,but there was a little part of me disappointed. I had always imagined shopping for a girl! However with a little persistence and a lot of browsing I discovered that shopping for a boy can be just as fun. At the moment I am loving Minti a quirky label who have helped me to embrace and love shopping for my little boy.
2. Cup's of tea: A lovely cup of tea represents time out, time with friends, great conversation and warmth. My friend Rachel once said that tea tastes better out of a beautiful tea cup and she is right! I am currently drinking Earl Grey out of a Samantha Robinson tea cup, perfect!
3. Skype: My mum lives in Tasmania, my Dad lives in Sri Lanka, Karin lives in Mexico and one of my besties lives in New York. What would I do without Skype?
4. Markets: I love spending the day at the markets, finding a treasure, discovering an emerging designer and being outside. My latest Market discovery was Marie Ramos Baby Imprints - I discovered Marie at Matilda's Markets and I was so excited to see her baby imprints range. So many of the baby imprints are really tacky but Marie does a beautiful job. I booked in for a session and was so happy with the process. Marie is really good with babies and the Pickle loved being in front of the camera.
5. My Husband and Son: Last but certainly not least my Husband and Son, bless their little cotton socks. Life would not be as sweet without them.