I have been busy over here in Oaxaca scouring the local villages and markets for beautiful new products to send over. I thought I would give you all a sneek peek.
I found some great new tops for women that come from the Chiapas, the state next to Oaxaca. They are in a loose tunic style so will be great for those with a baby bump. Also great for those who don't – I liked them so much I had to keep one for myself!
The other great range we are adding are these super sweet Sirena dresses. Sirena means mermaid in Spanish and I am sure all the little Ariel's out there will love them.
And finally after being berated by my many friends who only have little boys I made sure I found some treats for them too! These great playsuits in a loose cotton weave were just so cute – how could I not include them?
As these are new styles we have initially only purchased a limited amount. If you would like to lay claim to any of these before they go on sale please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure you will be the first to be notified when they arrive in Australia!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
One of the best things about being in this business is that you get to meet the most amazing and inspiring Mums. Recently we had the pleasure of being introduced to Maria from Ave. She is an amazing illustrator who uses her two lovely girls as inspiration for her work. We were so excited when she sent us four illustrations that had been inspired by our Mamacita range! For those of you in Melbourne she will be selling at the Fairy Floss Market on Sunday 3rd Oct.
Monday, September 27, 2010
I had a lovely day at Hide and Seek Market on Sunday, the sun was shining and lots of people were out and about. I met some great people and got some really positive feedback about our range. We were next to the lovely girls from Cute as a Button Gifts who were kind enough to mind my stall so I could go explore the market. Of course I came back with some fabulous goodies:
Crayon Wrap from Love and Lollipops - This is such a great idea. I love the fact that I can throw them in my hand bag and whip them out whenever the Pickle is bored or feels like being creative. He is still a little young for them but I'm sure in a years time he will be drawing up a storm.
Cupcakes from Cupcake Emporium - I couldn't resist one of these delicious cupcakes and yes they taste as good as they look. I chose the rosewater flavour and was glad I did, it was perfect!Be Kind Necklace from Mrs Peterson Pottery - I was lucky enough to get to meet Mrs P in person and she was as lovely as her jewelery. I am buying myself this necklace as a reminder that as a mother, business owner and wife I not only need to be kind to others but also to myself and sometimes just take a break.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I have been faithfully reading Kid Independent since Jasper was born, so naturally I was very excited to hear that they were doing a Mexican themed day! After a lovely chat with the team we decided to do a $50 giveaway as part of the post. To enter head over to Kid Independent. While you are there check out some of the other lovely things that they have featured lately. My favorites are :
You can tell a lot about a person by checking out their favourite things. Here are a few of ours. Hopefully they can help you to get to know us and inspire you to create a list of your own. We would love to get to know you so post your own list in the comments section.
1. Anything made by Elva Fields! Emily scours local and far-flung markets, auctions, and shops for unusual vintage and antique pieces to use in all three of the Elva Fields jewellery lines. I am absolutely in love with this necklace from their upcoming collection. Boyfriend take note!
2. All things handmade: Poppytalk Handmade is a monthly online street market which showcases handmade goods of emerging design talent from around the world. These super sweet organic wool creations from Sweetpeatoadtots are featured in the crochet & knitting section. Gorgeous photography too!
3. Pattern & Fabric Design: I have an unadulterated passion for both cloth and pattern. In fact as I write this I am currently indulging in one of my favourite procrastinating activities. While I should be finishing off a big design job I often find myself scouring fabric sites for inspiration and... well just pure joy! Here are a few of my current book listed sites:
Galbraith and Paul
Galbraith and Paul
4. Chocolate (of course): I am very lucky to that my boyfriend (who happens to be my number 1 favourite thing) is a chef and that we are living in the land of chocolate! You might think that means Belgium but in fact chocolate originates from the New World. To find out more - and for some tasty recipes using chocolate check out the De La Tierra Mexican food blog. Of course this is a shameless plug for my boyfriends blog!
5. The beach: I am in bliss when I am near the ocean. Time spent away from it is consumed by dreaming up ways to get back there. I have been doing lots of daydreaming for an upcoming get away to the beaches south of our home in Oacaxa, Mexico. I will post some photos when I get back, but in the meantime here are two of the summer maxi dresses I have been imagining myself in while sipping out of a coconut! They are from the always gorgeous Modcloth who never fail to have me drooling.
1. Shopping for my son: So here is my first confession: when I found out that I was having a boy I was over the moon,but there was a little part of me disappointed. I had always imagined shopping for a girl! However with a little persistence and a lot of browsing I discovered that shopping for a boy can be just as fun. At the moment I am loving Minti a quirky label who have helped me to embrace and love shopping for my little boy.
2. Cup's of tea: A lovely cup of tea represents time out, time with friends, great conversation and warmth. My friend Rachel once said that tea tastes better out of a beautiful tea cup and she is right! I am currently drinking Earl Grey out of a Samantha Robinson tea cup, perfect!
3. Skype: My mum lives in Tasmania, my Dad lives in Sri Lanka, Karin lives in Mexico and one of my besties lives in New York. What would I do without Skype?
4. Markets: I love spending the day at the markets, finding a treasure, discovering an emerging designer and being outside. My latest Market discovery was Marie Ramos Baby Imprints - I discovered Marie at Matilda's Markets and I was so excited to see her baby imprints range. So many of the baby imprints are really tacky but Marie does a beautiful job. I booked in for a session and was so happy with the process. Marie is really good with babies and the Pickle loved being in front of the camera.
5. My Husband and Son: Last but certainly not least my Husband and Son, bless their little cotton socks. Life would not be as sweet without them.
Posted by Karin Ferguson at 3:08 PM